Libra Forensic Consulting offers a 40 hr. Bloodstain Analysis course. This course is designed for any officer or technician involved in criminal or forensic investigations. The course will allow the student to demonstrate a knowledge of the terminology, history, science and mathematics surrounding bloodstain pattern analysis. The objectives of this course meets the requirements of the International Association of Bloodstain Pattern Analysis (IABPA) for anyone pursuing certification in the field. BPA I has been approved by theIABPA and the IAI for course hour credit .
BPA I is a hands on course using blood in the demonstrations in order for the attendees to understand the dynamics of bloodstains within a scene.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the development & history of BPA
- Demonstrate understanding of the limitations of BPA
- Identify proper and improper protective measures to follow in a scene
- Recognize both spatter and non spatter bloodstain patterns
- Determine impact angles, area of convergence and origin for impact spatter patterns
- Demonstrate the ability to document bloodstains and bloodstain patterns for courtroom purposes
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize patterns and describe them with correct terminology
40 hr. Bloodstain Analysis I Course $525
May 13- 17, 2019
Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department
July 22-26, 2019. ($495)
John H. Stamler Police Academy
1776 Raritan Rd.
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
NJ officers - register directly at:
Copyright © Libra Forensic Consulting. All rights reserved.
PayPal link next to course date